- Our school headmistress, Mrs Barbara Warda, delivered a short lecture via our school radio about our Erasmus Minus Bullying Project for our students’ parents, who attended the meeting with class teachers. She talked about the main objectives of the project and encouraged everyone to participate actively.
- We organized a meeting for all kids’ parents with a psychologist, who works for police. She talked about cyberbullying. More than 500 parents were present! It was a very interesting presentation and parents of kids from my class said they had found it inspiring and beneficial.
|The audience during the presentation in our gym.|
- At the end of semester (in January) we had an assembly, repeated three times (for first, second and third graders). Katarzyna Tes and Jakub Wielgus, the students, who attended Erasmus Minus Bullying meeting in Varna, presented the main purpose of the meeting and the great activities we had plus their personal impressions. In the background there was a slideshow with photos from our meeting in Bulgaria. The presentation by Kasia and Kuba was very successful, both teachers and kids (about 800 altogether) enjoyed it.
- 125 students from our school took part in Erasmus Minus Bullying survey. We had some technical problems with the internet on that day but miracously the results didn’t disappear. The survey was always followed by a short explanation and instructions by a teacher. It was wonderful to see that kids were really very seriousabout the survey.
- Last week we organized two EMB school competitions: the poster competition and the song competition. As usual the jury consisted of students and teachers. Eight posters were chosen for the final. It was really difficult to decide which were the most interesting but finally three paintings were chosen. Nine girls performed one by one in the song competition. All singers did a great job and we are proud of them. Hopefully you will hear the two winners in Helsinki in May. The results of both competitions will be presented on our school website: https://g16-lublin.eu/
- Last Thursday all teachers had a training session with a professor of psychology, Mrs Wioletta Tuszyńska-Bogucka. It was devoted to cyber stalking and the menaces kids face while using the internet. My colleagues found it extremely helpful and I hope we will chance to see it when you come to Lublin in May 2016.